Part Time Registered Nurse (Mon - Fri)
Based in central Auckland, Auckland Radiation Oncology (ARO) is primarily an out-patient private practice. ARO has a solid sense of teamwork and interdisciplinary coordination. A patient centred approach with a strong service motive is essential in this environment. View ARO video.
ARO supports career development and staff welfare, underpinning patient care with a culture of care and respect for staff and their families.
- This role includes evaluation of patients in preparation for radiation therapy as well as ongoing support and assessment throughout their treatments. This involves; patient teaching, assessment, clinical decision making, interdisciplinary consultation, referrals to outside agencies of support.
- There is a strong focus on superb patient focused care, inclusive of family/whanau and other patient supporters
- Support of organizational development and interdisciplinary education
- Encouragement of team support lead roles e.g. health and safety, infection control
- Potential for involvement in research
The position is part time (0.6 FTE) – weekdays and hours to be negotiated.
Some flexibility may be offered, depending on the needs of the nursing team and suitable applicant. Occasional availability for increased hours to cover holidays would be expected.
You will have:
- a minimum of 3 years’ post-graduate experience
- good clinical assessment and decision making skills
- a mature and professional manner
- strong patient focus
- excellent communication skills
- motivation for professional development
A background in cancer nursing especially radiation oncology would be an advantage, but those with an interest in cancer care who have an acute care clinical background will be considered.
ARO is a private radiation oncology facility on the site of Mercy Hospital in Central Auckland. Established in 2008, ARO is New Zealand's first private radiation oncology facility and has an international reputation for being at the forefront of radiation therapy cancer treatment and providing the highest standards of clinical care.
How to Apply:
If you would like the opportunity to work in a positive, innovative and caring environment, please email your CV and cover letter to Denise Redwood: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask us a question
Do you have something to ask that isn't answered here? You can either try our FAQs page, or send us your question below.