Dr Maria Pearse MB ChB 1994 Otago; FRANZCR 2003
Dr Maria Pearse is a Consultant (Specialist) Radiation Oncologist and manages the radiotherapy treatment at Auckland Radiation Oncology (ARO). Dr Pearse is also a Consultant Radiation Oncologist at Auckland City Hospital and a Senior Lecturer in Oncology at the University of Auckland Medical School. Dr Pearse trained at Otago University in Dunedin, Auckland City Hospital and the Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre in Canada.
In addition to her clinical roles at ARO and Auckland City Hospital, Dr Pearse is also the Chief Pathology Examiner for the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR), of which she is a Fellow. This is the examining and accrediting body for the Radiation Oncology specialty.
Research: Dr Pearse is active in the field of cancer research and has a number of international peer-reviewed publications. She is also the recipient of a number of research grants and awards.
Dr Pearse is an active member of the following research and professional associations:
- Medical Advisory Committee for the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation
- Auckland Breast Cancer Study Group
- National Breast Cancer Special Interest Group
- National Gastrointestinal Cancer Special Interest Group
- National Genitourinary Cancer Special Interest Group
- Medical Advisory Committee for Clinical Trials New Zealand
- Faculty of Radiation Oncology Genitourinary Group (FROGG)
- Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group (TROG)
- Fellow of the Faculty of Radiation Oncology, Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR).